Feed grade L-Methionine For Livestock (25kg)
Methionine is a sulfur-containing amino acid that is essential for good health and productivity in poultry. These include moderating a variety of metabolic reactions, cell proliferation, and development in the body.
Feed grade L-Methionine is an essential amino acid which acts as the substrate for other amino acids such as cysteine and taurine, versatile compounds, and antioxidant glutathione.
Methionine plays a critical role in the metabolism and health of many species. Therefore, supplementation of livestock diet with feed grade L-methionine powder improves splanchnic metabolism, gastrointestinal tract development as well as the growth performance of young broiler chicks.
Additionally, L-methionine contains sulfur, which is responsible for a compound known as s-adenosylmethionine or “SAMe,” known to support the proper functioning of the immune system; neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin and melatonin; and cell membranes.
Methionine in livestock feed is important because of its many functions such as:
- Enhancing protein synthesis.
- Reducing cost by increasing feed efficiency.
- Alleviating the negative effects of stress.
- Acting as a precursor in metabolic pathways.
- Increasing breast meat.
Dosage and administration of feed grade L-methionine
- Animal species: All livestock
- Route of administration: Inclusion in feed
- Dosage: as recommended, from day old throughout life
The functional role of methionine in the gastrointestinal tract, especially it’s antioxidative effects, enables it to improve the health of the gastrointestinal tract of rapidly growing animals.
Therefore, it confers a positive growth impact.
Specification: Feed grade L-Methionine For Livestock (25kg)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.