Formagene – Terminal Fumigant for Poultry and Livestock Houses
Do you want to fumigate a poultry or livestock house? Formagene is a triple-action terminal fumigant for poultry and livestock houses. It contains 93% formaldehyde. It is:
- Fast acting
- Enters all cracks
- Broad spectrum
- Releases formaldehyde which instantly moves with air
Formagene is effective against all bacteria, viruses, and fungi including spores. It is used for:
- Terminal disinfection of poultry houses (Closed houses)
- As slow release disinfectant for nest boxes
- As an egg disinfectant
Things You Should Know About Formagene
- Safe for Poultry House: It has slow and smooth gas formation. So, an explosion is not possible.
- Controllable Gas Production Level: It has a uniform and controllable concentration level.
- Minimal Detrimental Effect: Since the concentration can be control, it is much less detrimental, unlike others that cause embryo infertility.
- No Dirt or Residue: Residue is intact in the fumigator and no dirt or residue is produced as opposed to other methods.
- Safe for Farm Workers: It is not fatal to the health of personnel as line fumigator is switched on after closing the door.
- Even Gas Distribution: Formagene provides very even gas distribution throughout the house, and this can be manipulated depending on your requirement.
How Formagene Works
- Terminal disinfection of poultry houses [closed houses]
- Remove all livestock animals, edibles, medicines, and birds
- Thoroughly wash, disinfect and sweep the house. Make the house ready with lime, utensils etc.
- Close all windows, doors and ventilations etc.
- Place the fumigators in the house 30 meters apart. Fill 320g of fumagene per 100m3 of space. Set heat control at 435°f [220°c, ideally above 150°c] in the fumigators and the timer to allow 30minutes per 500g of formagene.
- Leave the building immediately
- Allow three hours after gassing has ceased, open all doors and windows [from outside] and switch on power ventilation for at least 3hours before re-entering.
- If possible, allow for 2-3days before re-introducing stock.
- As a slow released disinfectant for nest boxes
- Place 15grams of formagene in each nest box
- Take care to avoid rapid release of formaldehyde gas
- Heat from the sitting of the hen, will release gas
- Renew weekly or as required
- As an egg disinfectant
- Fumigate in a suitable heating part with 10g of formagene to disinfect egg reception room or section of egg transportation
Hatchability may fall, if;
- Eggs are already undergoing embryonic development
- Eggs have been stored for more than 3days
- Pre-washed eggs [lost bloom eggs]
- Warm eggs are preferred
- Pre-treatment of the room by washing with water gives better result
Specification: Formagene – Terminal Fumigant for Poultry and Livestock Houses
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.