Gumboro Vaccine (Small Dose Vial | 100 | 200) + Transport Flask
₦890.00 – ₦950.00
Gumboro vaccine is a prophylactic measure containing the intermediate strain of infectious bursal disease (IBD) virus.
- This product is a small-dose vial coming in two variations: 100-dose and 200-dose
- It is only for veterinary use and must be used in accordance with all protocols outlined.
- All vaccine orders must be certified by a veterinarian and they shall be handled only by qualified personnel.
- We have Izovac and Biovac brands, kindly place an order indicating your brand preference.
- Make a purchase today.
Gumboro vaccine is a prophylactic regimen containing the intermediate strain of infectious bursal disease (IBD) virus. This vaccine is presented in freeze-dried form packed in vials and is generally well-tolerated by poultry birds.
- By well-tolerated, we mean the vaccine will not damage the bursa, will not impair the immune response, and will not cause significant vaccinal side effects.
- This vaccine protects against infectious bursal disease, a disease that causes morbidity and mortality in poultry birds.
- This product is the small-dose vial variety and can be 100- or 200-dose.
- Store this vaccine in a refrigerator or cold chain at 2⁰C up to 8⁰C.
Gumboro vaccine: Reconstitution
- Store the diluent in the refrigerator overnight to chill before use.
- Reconstitute by drawing a small quantity of diluent using a sterile syringe and then transferring this diluent into the freeze-dried vaccine vial.
- Allow the pellet to dissolve completely with diluent, gently shake the vaccine vial, and then transfer it to the diluent bottle.
- Rinse the vaccine vial twice with the diluent a similar manner.
- Reconstituted vaccine should be stored in ice and used completely within one hour.
- Ensure to follow strict aseptic techniques during reconstitution.
Administration of Gumboro vaccine
EYE DROP METHOD
- This method should be used for primary vaccination. Use reconstituted vaccine immediately.
- Hold the chick with one eye turned up. Take the vaccine mixture using a sterile syringe.
- Using blunt needle of 15 gauges or calibrated dropper, instil one drop into the eye per chick.
- Ensure that the vaccine drop is completely absorbed in the eye.
- Some people administer the vaccine with this method using the nasal opening. This is also an acceptable practice.
DRINKING WATER METHOD
- For drinking water method, before giving the vaccine, withhold the birds from drinking water for at least two hours. This ensures that the birds are thirsty and will eagerly consume the vaccine-containing water.
- Do not use a disinfectant in the drinking water for a period of 48 hours prior to and 24 hours after vaccination. If a chlorine pump is used, switch it off for the same period of time.
- The drinkers should be thoroughly cleaned before vaccination.
- Prepare the required volume of water that will be consumed by the chicken in 2 hours. This volume may however change according to the weather and environmental conditions.
|Age of birds||Litres of water to be used|
|5000 doses||2000 doses||1000 doses||500 doses||200 doses||100 doses|
|14-18 days||30-40 litres||15-20 litres||8-10 litres||4-5 litres||2-3 litres||1 liter|
|21-28 days||50-60 litres||25-30 litres||10-12 litres||5-6 litres||3-4 litres||2 litres|
|35-40 days||80-90 litres||40-45 litres||15-20 litres||8-10 litres||5-6 litres||3 litres|
- Mix 2.5 gm of skimmed milk powder per litre of water as an aid in preserving the virus activity and neutralize the chlorine.
- Always mix the vaccine with clean, cool, non-chlorinated water by opening the vial under the water and let stand for 10 minutes.
Precautions to take
- This vaccine is not recommended for those birds which are clinically sick or under conditions of severe stress. Vaccinate only healthy birds
- Do not rehydrate vaccine until ready for use
- Use entire contents of the vial when first opened
- Burn all used vials and unused contents
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter
- Keep vaccine in an ice bath during the entire vaccination period
- Reconstituted vaccine should be used immediately
- Do not use chemical disinfectants for sterilization
- For veterinary use only
Specification: Gumboro Vaccine (Small Dose Vial | 100 | 200) + Transport Flask
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
₦890.00 – ₦950.00
You may also like…
₦890.00 – ₦950.00