Quinoprim (Water Soluble Antibiotic/Anticoccidial Powder) 100g
Quinoprim is a broad spectrum anticoccidial and antibiotic agent indicated for the fast and effective control of coccidiosis in chickens.
- It is also indicated against infectious coryza, collisepticemia, infectious sinusitis, fowl cholera, pullorum disease, fowl typhoid, secondary bacterial infections associated with respiratory diseases, mycoplasmosis and stress situations.
Quinoprim is indicated for use in drinking water only for the treatment of coccidiosis in chickens and for the treatment of collisepticemia in chickens and turkeys.
Each 1g contains :
- Sulphaquinoxaline (as Sulphaquinoxaline sodium)……………………. 500mg
- Trimethoprim……………………………………………….. 165mg
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose is the equivalent of 30 mg combined Trimethoprim and Sulphaquinoxaline per kg bodyweight daily. This dose is provided by the following inclusion rates:
- In drinking water: 28 g per 100 liters
- Treatment should be repeated daily for 5 days or until 2 days after symptoms have subsided, but not exceeding 14 days in total.
- Make an initial solution Quinoprim at the rate of 28 g powder in 2 litres of cold water. This should be stirred until well dissolved.
- The solution should then be added to the poultry drinker or water header tank at approximately the rate of 2 litres to 98 litres of drinking water. The mixture should be gently stirred until the powder has dissolved.
- Quinoprim will retain its potency for 24 hours as a solution in drinking water. It should always be prepared shortly before use.
- Not to be used as a combination with other medication (including coccidiostats).
- Do not use in layer and breeder flocks when birds are in lay.
- Not to be used in turkeys of less than 21 days of age.
- Birds must not be slaughtered for human consumption during treatment.
- Broiler chickens may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 10 days from the last treatment and turkeys may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 14 days from the last treatment.
- Do not administer to birds producing eggs for human consumption.
- Store in a dry and dark place at a temperature below 30˚C.
Specification: Quinoprim (Water Soluble Antibiotic/Anticoccidial Powder) 100g
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.