Siamese Fighter (Betta) Ornamental Fish for Aquarium
The Betta fish, commonly referred to as Siamese fighting fish (siamese fighter), is one of the most popular fish breeds purchased by budding freshwater fish hobbyists.
The Siamese fighters require more space than one might expect. Thus, it is expected to be housed in a large aquarium to define for space.
- Minimum order is 20 pieces
- The average age is 16 to 17 weeks
The Siamese Fighter
The Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens), also known as the betta, is a popular fish in the aquarium trade. Bettas are a member of the gourami family and are known to be highly territorial. Males, in particular, are prone to high levels of aggression and will attack each other if housed in the same tank. If there is no means of escape, this will usually result in the death of one or both of the fish. Female bettas can also become territorial towards each other if they are housed in too small an aquarium. It is typically not recommended to keep male and female bettas together, except temporarily for breeding purposes which should always be undertaken with caution.
- B. splendens are known for their brilliant colours (as well as common colours of dull green, brown and grey) and large, flowing fins. In the wild, they exhibit strong colours only when agitated. In captivity, they have been selectively bred to display a vibrant array of colors and tail types.
- They are naturally insectivores and do not typically or naturally consume vegetation, however, they may consume the food of other tank mates if available, even vegetable matter.
- Betta species prefer a water temperature of around 75–82 °F (24–28 °C) but have been seen to survive temporarily at the extremes of 56 °F (13 °C) or 95 °F (35 °C). When kept in colder climates, aquarium heaters are recommended.
- Bettas are also affected by the pH levels of the water. Ideal levels for Bettas would be at a neutral pH (7.0)
- Properly kept and fed a correct diet, Siamese fighting fish generally live between 3 and 5 years in captivity.
The appropriate tank size is directly related to how experienced the fish keeper is, and how often they want to carry out water changes, in order to keep the water clean. Bettas have a labyrinth organ which enables them to survive in habitats of low oxygen threshold.
- Recommended aquarium sizes are 9-19 liters. However, smaller aquarium sizes are ideal if hygiene is made paramount.
- Bettas can cohabit with fish that are bottom feeders, however, it is not advised to keep them with feeders that may eat their fins or destroy the slime coat.
|Size||3 inches (7 cm)|
|Social||Males cannot be kept together|
|Tank Level||Top dweller|
Specification: Siamese Fighter (Betta) Ornamental Fish for Aquarium
Fish bowls, indoor aquariums, events decoration, wall aquariums
Oxygenated bags in insulated cartons (pressurized oxygen bags)
No ratings have been submitted for this product yet.
Our goal at Perazin Gihon Agrovet is to make you a happy customer. We cherish long-term business relationship and place premium on your satisfaction.
No matter where you are in Nigeria, we will send your products to you and stand by you to make sure you succeed. As long as you buy from us, you can be sure of top quality and timely delivery.
No shipping rates are available for this product.
|Shipping from||Nigeria|₦1,500.00 ₦1,500.00