Silver Barb Fish (Ornamental Fish for Aquarium)
The silver barb also known as the tinfoil barb is commercially important in the aquarium hobby trade, as well as commercial aquaculture, subsistence farming, and occasionally as bait.
- Its appearance, combined with peaceful behavior, makes it a very tempting choice for fishkeeping enthusiasts.
- They look stunning in almost any tank and their appearance only draws you closer.
- Whether you are just starting out or have kept tanks before, the silver/tin-foil barb fish is an amazing pet due to its aesthetic appeal.
- Minimum order is 10 pieces
The Silver Barb Fish
The SIlver barb is a popular fish in the aquarium trade. They are excellent pond fish and well adapted for different tank communities and other ornamental fish types. They are quite energetic and active.
- Barbs (genus Barbus), any of numerous freshwater fishes belonging to a genus in the carp family, Cyprinidae.
- The members of this genus typically have one or more pairs of barbels (slender, fleshy protuberances) near the mouth and often have large, shining scales.
|Lifespan:||15 years on average|
|Size:||Up to 9 inches (23cm)|
|Minimum Tank Size:||30 Gallons|
|Tank Set-Up:||Freshwater, with some Plants|
|Compatibility:||Peaceful community fish|
- In order to keep your fish healthy, make sure you have a tank with plenty of room for them to move and search for food.
- There should be low to moderate water movement and a good amount of light. Keep the water itself as stable as possible to avoid stressing your fish.
- The tinfoil barb is a schooling species that prefers to be placed with a number of its own species. It prefers living in water with strong currents similar to those found in their native streams.
- It is also recommended that they be kept with fish of similar size or larger.
- The tinfoil barb is an active, peaceful species that spends most of its time in the mid-level and bottom of the water.
- Temperature: 65-72°F | pH: 6.0-8.0 | Hardness 5 – 19 dGH
- Having a good filtration system is important as these fish are incredibly messy. Frequent water changes are also important to the water clean and the fish healthy.
- If you wish to introduce more fish, kindly add goldfish or koi to your tank. These fishes all have the same attitude and temperament. They also have the same general colors with lots of variation which makes them look great together.
Specification: Silver Barb Fish (Ornamental Fish for Aquarium)
Fish bowls, indoor aquariums, events decoration, wall aquariums
Oxygenated bags in insulated cartons (pressurized oxygen bags)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
There are no inquiries yet.