Digecid-Feed Acidifier For Poultry And Swine
Dietary acidifiers such as Digecid; have been used to lower gastric pH (resulting in increased activity of proteolytic enzymes), improve protein digestibility and inhibit the proliferation of pathogenic bacteria in the gastro-intestinal tract.
Mix well with the feed at a rate of 1 kg per ton of feed
Digecid: Feed preservative, better digestion, optimum protection.
Antibiotics have been used in animal feeding for more than 50 years, and the consequences are, residues, alteration in “farm-to-fork“ safe food, and resistance.
The use of organic acids help to;
- Improve digestion, thus the breakdown of all fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
- Improve absorption which enhances growth, weight gain, lowers FCR, and increases production parameters.
Digecid is a powerful acid premix to decrease the risks of pathogen contamination, colonization and multiplication in feed.
Formic, Fumaric, Citric and Lactic acids
Mechanism of action
Once ingested Digecid creates an acidic barrier protecting intestinal tract from pathogen colonization and supporting beneficial gut flora. These positive effects also contribute to improved digestion, thus the breakdown of fats, proteins and carbohydrates increasing their utilization.
Advantages of Digecid Feed Acidifier
- This feed additive helps to enhance growth, increase weight gain, lower FCR and improves production parameters.
- In early ages, helps the digestion as young animals are not capable of synthesizing sufficient stomach/gizzard acids.
- Increases the digestibility and availability of fats, starch, and proteins.
- Regulates the passage rate of digesta, along the digestive tract.
- Helps to create a protective barrier at the level of feed, or at the first part of the digestive tract to decrease the risks of oral infections.
- Shortens the time of acid production in the stomach, helping to decrease pH quickly.
- Enhances activity of proteolytic enzymes hence improves protein digestibility.
- Stimulates other digestive enzymes.
- Decreases enteric infection risks
- The need for sustainable, responsible growth enhancers.
- Need for alternatives to antibiotic growth promoters.
- More tools to combat side effects originating from diseases and management issues.
- Growing urgency of taking care of the environment due to misuse of chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
For poultry and swine
Administration and dosage
Mix well with the feed at a rate of 1 kg per ton of feed.
Specification: Digecid-Feed Acidifier For Poultry And Swine
|Country of Origin|
1 satchet/ bag
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
There are no inquiries yet.