Amitraz 20% (Ectoparasiticide | Emulsifiable Concentrate) – 100ml
Amitraz is known as a non-systemic acaricide, insecticide, scabicide and formamidine antiparasitic agent which is commonly used in small animals (pets) to treat demodicosis and ascarid infections.
- It is effective against ticks that are already resistant to synthetic pyrethroids and/or organophosphates
Composition of Amitraz 20
This ectoparasiticide contains 20% (w/v) Amitraz in the form of an emulsifiable concentrate
Mode of Action
Amitraz action involves interaction with Octopamine receptors in the tick’s nervous system, causing an increase in nervous activity.
- Amitraz has a detachment effect: if they are not directly killed, ticks leave the host before completing or even initiating their blood meal.
- Amitraz also has a repellent effect that keeps many ticks away from treated animals.
- It is also recommended to treat kennels, livestock pen, and pastures to kill off larva and control reinfestation of the treated animals.
- Amitraz is also effective against scab and mange mites (Psoroptes spp, Sarcoptes spp, etc.) and against certain lice species.
Properties and Indications
Amitraz is highly effective against a wide range of ectoparasites. It is clinically used to control different strains of scab, mange mites (Sarcoptic), many species of lice, fleas, keds, ticks and many types of flies that affect sheep, gnats, cattle, camels, and dogs, also used to control insects in stables, farms and animal houses.
Dosage and Administration (against ticks, mange, lice, and keds)
- 1l per 1100litres of water (dilution)
- 1:500 liters of water (replenishment)
Sheep and goat:
- 1l : 1100l of water or 1l:400l (dilution)
- 1:560l of water or 1l:200l of water (replenishment every 10-12 days).
- 1l : 400l of water (dilution)
- 1l:200l of water (replenishment every 10 days.
Specification: Amitraz 20% (Ectoparasiticide | Emulsifiable Concentrate) – 100ml
|NAFDAC Reg. Number|
Vanguard Pharmacy Limited is a chain store, the largest and fastest growing retail Pharmacy, Veterinary and Supermarket in the South-West of Nigeria.
- We are currently operating in three (3) states of the Federation with four (4) branches in; OYO (Ibadan), OGUN (Abeokuta) and OSUN (Osogbo).
- We are determined to cover more states and cities across the country as part of our growth strategies
No shipping rates are available for this product.
|Shipping from||Nigeria|₦2,000.00 ₦2,000.00