Coconut Seedlings (Nifor | Malaysian | Malaysian MATAG)
₦2,660.00 – ₦18,600.00
We offer three varieties of coconut seedlings (Nifor hybrid, Malaysian hybrid, and Malaysian MATAG) which are high-quality products for your coconut plantation. Each seedling ranges from 2-6 months of age.
- Coconut genetic improvement leads to the development of different varieties of coconut which yield an average of 80-100 nuts per palm per year under proper management, as against 30-45 nuts from unimproved coconut plants.
- We deliver nationwide.
After 4-5 months in the main nursery bed, coconut seedlings are ready for planting out in the field and this should coincide with the onset of rains. Proper selection of seedlings in the main nursery alone ensures a 10% improvement in yield. Below are major considerations for coconut seedlings:
- Shoots should have a girth of 10-12 cm at the collar with about 6 leaves.
- Short and thick leaf stalks.
- Seedlings should have a robust healthy appearance and be free from pests and diseases.
- After the coconut has been planted point side down with one-third of the coconut above the soil, it is moved to a well lit, warm spot, the warmer the better as coconuts do best in spots that are 70 degrees F (21 degrees C) or warmer.
- It is important to keep coconuts well-watered during germination without letting it sit in overly wet soil.
- If you want to plant a coconut that has already sprouted, go ahead and plant it in well-draining soil so that the bottom two-thirds of the coconut is in the soil. Place in a warm area and water frequently.
Malaysian Dwarf Green Coconut Seedlings
- Flowers 3-4 years after yield establishment and produces 81 nuts per palm per year.
- It has been proven to be resistant to the Lethal Yellowing Disease of coconut.
- Therefore, this particular variety is now being advocated for combating the disease.
- This variety is also used for ornamental purposes.
- Seedlings should be removed from the main nursery by lifting with a spade and the roots carefully cut. Seedlings should never be lifted from the soil by pulling the leaves or stem.
- It is important to keep the seedlings in the shade and out of the sun and to have them planted as early as possible after removal from the main nursery.
- Once your coconut tree has started growing, water the coconut tree frequently. As long as the soil drains well, you really can’t water it too often.
- Second, growing coconut palms are heavy feeders that require regular, complete fertilizer. Look for a fertilizer that provides both the basic nutrients plus trace nutrients like boron, manganese, and magnesium.
- Third, coconut palms are very cold sensitive. If you live in an area that gets cold, provide supplemental light indoors, and keep it away from drafts.
- In the hot season, summer, grow it outdoors and make sure you place it in a very sunny and warm spot.
Growing seedlings in polythene bags
For seedlings grown in polythene bags, advantages include (more vigorous seedlings with a better root system, better establishment, and early bearing, transplanting shock is greatly minimized since there is no root damage, the early establishment of transplanted seedlings, seedlings can be retained longer in the nursery when conditions for field planting are not favorable, weeding, watering and elimination of unwanted seedlings, as well as seedling selection for planting out to field, are more easily accomplished.
- Polybags are preferably black, UV resistant for durability, and measuring 40 – 45 cm wide with 8 – 10 holes at bottom and sides are half-filled with soil and compost mixed at a 50:50 ratio.
- Decomposed sawdust, corncobs, rice hull, and other organic materials can be used so as to reduce the weight of the half-filled polybag and improve drainage and soil fertility.
Specification: Coconut Seedlings (Nifor | Malaysian | Malaysian MATAG)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
At Flourish, we offer the best of recommended seedlings for your horticultural hobbies.
- Customers are advice to count their seedlings and confirm that they are complete before leaving the pick-up point, while the driver is still there.
- Once they ensure the driver or any delivery agent witnesses any missing seedlings, they should kindly inform us at the pick-up point. But to avoid this from occurring, we will carefully count the seedlings when loading and we add additional seedlings ranging from 5 to 20 depending on the seedlings you are buying and the quantities as well.
- For missing seedlings in case it occurs based on circumstances beyond our control, customers should kindly inform us at the pick-up point for confirmation with our logistics department who will contact them on the delivery status.
- Deliveries and pick-up are scheduled Mondays to Saturdays (nationwide) they will receive their seedlings from Monday to Saturday or on a scheduled day as informed by the Driver or Afrimash logistics staff.
- They should kindly place their orders one week and at least three weeks pre-booking for states outside Delta State, before expected delivery days.
- We do not offer doorstep/farm delivery.
- We accept the nearest motor park or a transport company.
- Customers should please be at the pick-up point in time to avoid delays and to enable both parties to count the seedlings for confirmation.
- Claims after leaving the pick-up point will not be attended to.
- Shipping of seedlings within Delta State will cost ₦70 while other states will cost ₦120.
- Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
₦2,660.00 – ₦18,600.00
₦2,660.00 – ₦18,600.00