Are you looking for the right plant for garden decoration? Hibiscus is here for you!
- They are hardy plants that can grow up to 15 feet high.
- Their colorful blooms will also attract hummingbirds and butterflies to your garden.
- Note that hibiscus likes to be planted in soil that is slightly acidic.
Place your orders now!
Hibiscus plants are tropical beauties that will establish that exotic look to your garden. They are hardy plants that can grow up to 15 feet high. Their colorful blooms will also attract hummingbirds and butterflies to your garden.
- Since hibiscus is tropical, they need adequate attention to ensure that they thrive in their environment.
- The plant does not take a lot of effort to care for; it simply needs to have certain conditions in order to thrive.
- Type of soil: It likes to be planted in soil that is slightly acidic. If the soil in your garden is not acidic, you can attempt to increase the level by adding peat moss to your garden.
- Watering hibiscus: The plant needs moist soil to grow, but it also needs to be drained well. This is so that the roots are not sitting in a large amount of water, which can cause the roots to rot.
- Plant where it is not exposed to strong winds to avoid breakage of the long stems.
- Space plants 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Mulch around the plant to retain moisture and to provide protection for the roots.
- Water plants deeply and thoroughly.
- To encourage re-bloom, remove old flowers before they form seed heads or prune plants back by one third after a flush of bloom is finished.
- Frequently remove dead stems from established plants and apply a balanced fertilizer. You will want a fertilizer that is high in potassium because it’s great for the growth of hibiscus plants, but you also want to avoid phosphorus because it is a mineral that can kill the hibiscus plant, especially if the mineral is accumulating in the soil.
- Hibiscus plants do not need to be pruned, but with that being said, the plant will love the additional attention. If you are going to prune a hibiscus plant to rejuvenate its look, it should be done in early spring. This will stimulate the budding process and help the plant thrive throughout the summer months.
Pests and diseases
- Japanese beetles
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
There are no inquiries yet.