Ixora Plant (Red and Orange Varieties)
Ixora is an ever-blooming shrub that is easy to maintain, it is the dream plant of many gardeners.
- One very good thing about Ixora is that it flowers throughout the year.
- Each flower cluster can last between 6 and 8 weeks, giving your landscape long-lasting and lovely color.
- Ixora varieties generally offer a nice selection of colors including bright red, orange, yellow, pink, and white. We currently have red and orange varieties.
- The plant responds well to shearing and makes an excellent low hedge.
This low-maintenance and high pay-off plant would be perfect for your landscape. Get yours today!
Ixora (Ixora spp.) is a year-round flowering plant that pays off as a highly ornamental variety for gardeners.
- Sometimes called the flame of the woods, Ixora is a member of the Rubiaceae family which also includes coffee, gardenia, firecracker vine, and pentas.
- The large flower clusters come in red, orange, and yellow.
Facts about Ixora Plant
- Ixora shrubs are known for their large corymbs of bright florets.
- Minimal maintenance is needed when growing an Ixora bush.
- The plant has glossy leathery leaves that are oval-shaped and stiff.
- Blooms are clusters of four-petaled florets which can last four to six weeks on the stem.
- Flowers are most prolific in summer but can also appear at other times of the year.
- The best floral displays are produced when grown in full sun situations.
- Well-drained soil and moderate to slightly acidic pH are crucial to growing an Ixora bush. The plant develops chlorosis when installed in alkaline soils.
- Keep the soil evenly moist and prune the plant when it gets unruly.
- Plant care is negligible, which makes it useful as part of the low maintenance landscape.
- Annual spring pruning and fertilizing will enhance the plant’s health.
- Some diseases that are common are fungal but can be minimized by suspending overhead watering.
- Water only the root zone to prevent the foliage from getting wet.
- Spider mites and aphids are common but are more of a nuisance than a serious threat. Use an insecticidal oil spray or soap to combat these pests.
- Use a 2- to 3-inch layer of mulch around the root zone to prevent competitive weeds, enhance water retention, and add organic nutrients to the soil.
- When planted in containers, they require re-potting every two to three years.
- Kindly note the plants are extremely tender and will succumb to freezing temperatures.
Specification: Ixora Plant (Red and Orange Varieties)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
There are no inquiries yet.