Do you need the best variety of soursop in town? We have all you need here!
- Buy our soursop seedlings which are less than 8 months of age.
- They should fruit in less than 4 years.
- Our seedlings are packed in nursery bags and available for shipping nationwide
- For more information, kindly download the ebook on soursop farming/production (available in your email) after placing your order.
A low-branching, bushy tree Annona muricata is known as soursop in English. The soursop tree, which can grow from 25 to 30 feet tall, produces an oval-shaped fruit with tender yellow-green skin and white, juicy flesh often made into drinks, sherbet, preserves and sweets.
How to Grow Soursop Trees
- The soursop tree can reach a height of 30 feet and is soil tolerant, although it flourishes in well-drained, sandy soil with a pH of 5-6.5.
- A tropical specimen, this low branching and bushy tree does not tolerate cold or strong sustained winds. It will, however, grow at sea level and up to elevations of 3,000 feet in tropical climes.
- A rapid grower, the trees produce their first crop three to five years from seeding. Seeds stay viable for up to six months but better success is met by planting within 30 days of harvest and seeds will germinate within 15-30 days.
- Propagation is usually through seeds; however, fibreless varieties can be grafted. Seeds should be washed before planting.
- Transplant 12-inch-high seedlings into the yard in the spring, spacing them at least 12 feet apart.
- Dig holes large enough to contain the root ball of each plant.
- Cover the base of the plant with soil, then add 3 inches of mulch to keep it moist.
- Water soursop plants often enough to keep the soil moist, but not wet, during hot weather.
- When the weather turns cool in the winter, reduce water intake. Soursop plants tolerate drought well but can develop pest problems if kept too wet.
- Treat soursop plants with 10-10-10 fertilizer.
- When harvesting soursop, the fruit will change from dark green to a lighter yellowish green tone. The spines of the fruit will soften and the fruit will swell.
- Soursop fruit will take between four to five days to ripen once picked.
Harvest the fruit while it is still firm and yellow-green in colour. Do not allow the fruit to soften on the tree. Instead, store firm fruit in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days until it becomes soft to the touch.
Specification: Soursop Seedlings
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…