Table Eggs (Small | Medium)
Our table eggs are available in commercial quantities which have been graded simultaneously for exterior and interior quality to reduce the number of eggs with defects that detract from the egg’s appearance or that would have a low probability of surviving the typical handling involved in getting eggs from the farm to market.
- Our medium graded eggs are packed in crates of 30 with a minimum of 300 crates per order.
- Layer breeds which produce our eggs are ISA Brown.
- We ship nationwide.
These eggs are called table eggs as it is not necessary for a hen to mate with a rooster before she can produce an egg. Modern types of hen have been bred/fed so that they will lay even if there is no chance of producing a chick. Layer chicks (from the parent stocks) are sexed and the females are sold as pullets/future layers.
- Eggs are formed in the reproductive tracts of female chicken, with most commercial strains laying 250 to 300 eggs per year depending on the strain and breed.
- The laid eggs are collected daily from the pens/cages and checked for quality via physical observation, candling, etc to detect abnormalities. Once they pass through this phase, the eggs are then graded and sold in crates (6,12,15,30, etc).
- An average table egg contains 12% shell (which is not eaten), with other parts consisting of a mix of protein, minerals, and vitamins. This means that eggs are a highly nutritious food that forms part of a good mixed diet and contain cholesterol (good cholesterol).
- Thus, they are considered super-foods (rich in essential nutrients and antioxidants), indispensable for the healthy growth and development of children, adolescents, and adults.
- The high levels of antioxidants in the egg help preventing the age-related macular degeneration (macular degeneration), which is the leading cause of blindness.
Egg production in Nigeria
In Nigeria, the egg industry is an important intensive animal production system which has displayed strong growth in recent years due to increasing consumption. Eggs are also considered as alternative sources of protein to meat.
- Major egg producers make use of the semi-intensive/intensive egg production system where less number of people care for large numbers of layers in enclosed spaces. However, the free-range systems occur, as well as developing markets and demands for organically produced eggs.
Specification: Table Eggs (Small | Medium)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.