Hybrid Blowpipe Kit for Humane Immobilization/Treatment of Animals (Evet Brand)
Are you a veterinarian or animal handler? Do you seek innovative options for remote tranquilization/immobilization of animals? We present to the Hybrid Evet Blowpipe kit which is recommended for the safe performance of animal immobilization and medical treatment, working from a distance. It is well-accepted in the veterinary medicine field as a safe, effective, and economical method for tranquilization and treatment of animals.
Blowpipes/blowtubes are ranged gadgets consisting of long narrow tubes for shooting light projectiles such as darts. They function via a force created with the user’s exhalation (blow) to pneumatically propel drug filled projectiles (darts) placed inside the pipe to specified targets (animals).
- The available blowpipe is the 16mm diameter type (highest performance blowpipe) which is used for 1-5cc (1-5ml) darts.
- For more information on the use of this tool, watch the attached videos.
- A User manual is available for download upon purchase.
- Specs: 12 meters range (7 to 9 meters to hit target)
The Hybrid Blowpipe Kit
The Hybrid Blowpipe kit is a useful kit for narcotization, treatment, or vaccination of almost all animals from both close and medium-range distance in zoos, animal husbandry, animal rescue, wildlife enclosures, and similar places.
- The blowpipe is made from high-quality aluminum with a smooth inner surface. This gives the blowpipe darts more acceleration than plastic or carbon pipes. It also optimizes the trajectory.
- Tranquilization takes effect in a few minutes depending on the tranquilizing agent used. Once it takes effect, best house procedure dictates to add a 2-3 min wait before working on the animal within the calculated sedation period.
- The Hybrid blowpipe comes with a safety mouthpiece that can be removed before the blowpipe dart is inserted to provide safety when using poisonous drugs as well as hygienic considerations (cleaning and disinfection) when handled by multiple users.
- Take off the removable part of the safety mouthpiece
- Take off the safety cap from the dart syringe
- Push the completely filled and pressurized dart syringe into the blowpipe
- When pulling the mouthpiece back into the blowpipe, the dart syringe is placed in its final position
- Stand in a frontal position to the target animal
- Press the mouthpiece close to your mouth to avoid air to escape and take a deep breath. Then exhale the air as strong and as fast as possible… until the dart has left the blowpipe
Blowpipes do not possess the killing power of a rifle, but their extremely sharp darts can easily pierce the skin. One distinct advantage is its quietness. From distances of more than a few meters, the blowpipe can hardly be heard at all. The blowpipe has an impressive length to enable shooting at longer distances. The Hybrid Blowpipe helps you shoot 1 to 5 ccs (ml) of a drug safely and humanely to a distance of 1 to 20m or more0m.
Contents of the Hybrid Blowpipe kit
|1||Blowpipe||Diameter: 16mm | Length: 1150mm||1pc|
|2||Detachable Mouthpiece||(to protect the mouth of the user)||1pc|
|3||Blowpipe dart syringe||3cc (3ml)|
|4||Darting needles||1.5 x 30mm|
1.5 x 38mm
|5||Sleeves for needles||Silicone||10pcs|
|6||Special Flight Stabilizers||BST-16||2pcs|
|7||Air filling syringe||For pumping air into darts||1pc|
|8||Connector||For air filling syringe||1pc|
|10||Carry bag||Handy/lightweight transportation bag which lets you conveniently store and transport the blowpipe, syringes, drugs, and all accessories||1pc|
Inserting the needle:
- Put on the blowpipe needle with a turning movement onto the drug chamber of the dart (LuerLock), then cover the needle by putting the safety cap back onto the dart.
- Use a drug bottle (for example with a rubberized seal) and put the air filling syringe AS (with connecting adapter CON) onto the drug chamber of the dart.
- Press the drug into the bottle (take into consideration, that the concentration of the drug has been changed by adding saline-solution. Thus, to label and store the dosages separately
- The safety cap prevents the loss of drugs if the needle is leaking. The sealing sleeve must not be damaged. Only use it once!
- The syringe tip always must be dry and free of grease!
Filling the blowpipe darts
- Take off the flight-stabilizer and the safety cap (the red air plunger must be loose).
- Fill the air filling syringe AS (with connecting adapter CON) with 20-30cc of air.
- Put the AS onto the drug chamber (black plunger) of your dart.
- Hold the dart upright (air chamber shows to the top) and press the black drug plunger to the other end of the drug chamber.
Cleaning the needle:
- Take the silicone sealing sleave off the needle.
- Blowpipe needle: Take the needle with a turning movement off the blowpipe dart.
- Hold the needle under running water, to clean it from blood/debris.
- Fill the air filling syringe AS (with connecting adapter CON) with water, then press the water through the needle.
Cleaning the blowpipe dart:
- Put on the flight-stabilizer, then fill the air filling syringe AS (with connecting adapter CON) with water.
- Put the AS onto the drug chamber of the dart.
- Press the water into the drug chamber several times to rinse all
- Never clean the air chamber of the dart. It always has to be kept dry!
- During the blowpipe dart loading procedure, you can easily remove the mouthpiece. This is important due to the reasons below
- Safety: If using hazardous drugs the filled blowpipe syringe has no contact with the mouthpiece.
- Hygiene: You can take off the mouthpiece after use, disinfect it or even clean it in your dishwasher.
- Convenience: If several people are working with the blowpipe, each one can have their own personal mouthpiece. You can buy the mouthpieces separately.
- Swallow protection: You can not accidentally breath in the dart.
- Before using your blowpipe in the field for the first time and also later you should take half an hour from time to time to practice with your blowpipe on a target which is comparable to the animal’s body. To work out your routine, you also should practice regularly.
- Note that the more you practice, the better and safer your shooting results will be.
- Always store the blowpipe darts unfilled and de-aerated.
- Though the darts consist of continuous-stable plastic material, even under dry storage with temperatures from 0-30°C they should be consumed within 36 months.
- Protect your darts against UV-rays as this may influence their lifetime
Specification: Hybrid Blowpipe Kit for Humane Immobilization/Treatment of Animals (Evet Brand)
|Dimensions||120 × 8 × 3 cm|
|Ready to Ship|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no inquiries yet.