We offer a selected variety of organic farming books to assist you with your farming needs and knowledge base.
- After sourcing many amazing organic farming books from different fields and disciplines in this field, the offered books avail you with everything you need to know about organic farm production.
- The listed books are from reputable authors and publishers with an astute understanding of their career domain to provide you with the appropriate guidelines for sustainable and profitable agribusiness.
- Organic farming is a method of crop and livestock production that involves much more than choosing not to use pesticides, fertilizers, genetically modified organisms, antibiotics, and growth hormones.
- The principal goal of organic production is to develop enterprises that are sustainable and harmonious with the environment.
Showing all 4 results
According to the Canadian Organic Standards, the general principles of organic farming include the following:
- protect the environment, minimize soil degradation and erosion, decrease pollution, optimize biological productivity and promote a sound state of health
- maintain long-term soil fertility by optimizing conditions for biological activity within the soil
- maintain biological diversity within the system
- recycle materials and resources to the greatest extent possible within the enterprise
- provide attentive care that promotes the health and meets the behavioral needs of livestock
- prepare organic products, emphasizing careful processing, and handling methods in order to maintain the organic integrity and vital qualities of the products at all stages of production
- rely on renewable resources in locally organized agricultural systems
Organic farming can be a viable alternative production method for farmers, but there are many challenges. One key to success is being open to alternative organic approaches to solving production problems and this can be achieved by reading relevant books. Determine the cause of the problem, and assess strategies to avoid or reduce the long term problem rather than a short term answer for it.
For any prospective and successful farmer, the need for knowledge update through books cannot be overemphasized. New procedures and research findings for better organic farming activities are emerging daily and there is a need for farmers to keep updated. Furthermore, the procurement of books will help agriculturists to have a handy guide if any need for it arises.
We have the latest editions and new releases of agricultural books to keep you up to date with modern farming, in addition to captions that contain scientific methods and research. You need an agricultural book to use as a detailed guide, to answer a specific question, or to upgrade your knowledge on organic farming? We have what you need here!