Welcome to Afrimash Poultry Feed Section!
In this section, we offer a variety of poultry feed to enhance and maintain the health and performance of poultry birds.
Poultry feed is food for farm poultry, including chickens, ducks, geese, and, other domestic birds. Healthy poultry requires a sufficient amount of protein and carbohydrates, along with the necessary vitamins, dietary minerals, and an adequate supply of water.
The nutrients contained in poultry feed provide poultry with the energy and material needed for the development of bone, flesh, feathers, and eggs.
Types of Chicken Feeds
- Mash refers to nutritionally complete poultry in a ground form.
- Pellets consist of a mash that has been pelletized; that is, compressed and molded into pellets in a pellet mill. Unlike mash, where the ingredients can separate in shipment and the poultry can pick and choose among the ingredients, the ingredients in a single pellet stay together, and the poultry eats the pellets whole. However, pellets are often too large for newly hatched poultry.
- Crumbles are pellets that have been sent through rollers to break them into granules. This is often used for chick feed.
- Scratch grain (or scratch feed) consists of one or more varieties of whole, cracked, or rolled grains. Unlike other feeds, which are fed in troughs, hoppers, or tube feeders, scratch grains are often scattered on the ground. Hence, large particle sizes are usually desired. Because they consist only of grains, scratch grains are not a complete ration, and are used to supplement the balanced ration.
Showing 1–12 of 48 results
- Feed ingredients for poultry diets are selected for the nutrients they can provide, the absence of anti-nutritional or toxic factors, their palatability or effect on voluntary feed intake, and their cost.
- Our ranges include mashes for super starters, starters, growers, finishers, layers etc