Alfalfa seeds | 1kg
Alfalfa is one of the world’s oldest foraged crops. It is grown widely for the purpose of feeding livestock and conditioning the soil. Various cultures around the globe recognize this plant as a quality source of nutrients.
Thousands of seeds are available for sale and immediate delivery. Purchasing in large amounts attracts a discount.
Place your order now!
Alfalfa seeds are also known as “lucerne” in the United Kingdom, Germany, France and Australia but they are scientifically known as Medicago sativa from the family Fabaceae. They are thought to have originated in south-central Asia and are believed to have first been cultivated in Iran.
- Alfalfa Seeds can be eaten either raw or sprouted.
- They are good sources of vitamins, fibre, proteins and calcium.
- They can be light brown or green in colour.
- They are rich in antioxidants.
- One tablespoon of seeds yields about three cups of sprouts.
- They can be sprouted for consumption in about 3 to 4 days.
- They can be preserved for a long while if stored in a cool, dry place.
- They have a delicious nutty flavour.
- They can also survive in various climate conditions.
Planting Requirements of Alfalfa seeds
- The soil must be well-drained and be between a pH of 6.8 and 7.5.
- After sprinkling Alfalfa Seeds on the soil, cover them lightly with dirt.
- They should be exposed to full sun.
- The soil shouldn’t be too moist.
- Alfalfa Seeds can be boiled in water to make healthy tea.
- They are commonly used to add flavour and texture to salads and sandwiches.
- They can be baked into bread and muffins.
- They are used in reducing the level of lipids in the body.
- Alfalfa is a natural source of nitrogen and it’s ideal for controlling soil erosion.
Specification: Alfalfa seeds | 1kg
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.