Most cocoa farmers often rely on aging, unproductive cocoa trees, often without suitable input to invest in planting new trees to regenerate their farms. It takes around five years from planting for a tree to mature, so a long-term view is needed. Replanting must be carefully planned, since replacing old but still marginally productive trees reduce cocoa production and income until the new trees start producing cocoa.
- We offer the hybrid variety of cocoa seedlings estimated at 2-6 months of age.
- The minimum order is 1000 seedlings and we deliver nationwide.
- Kindly place your orders and book in advance as the delivery duration could take two months.
- For more information, kindly consult the cocoa manual pdf document available for download after placing your order.
Hybrid pollinated cocoa seedlings that starts bearing flowering from 18 months. We offer pollinated cocoa pod which are disease-free with high yielding ability
- LAND PREPARATION: slash your bush and leave the grass to decay on the farm as it will add to the fertility of the farm and after that is do your farm layout.
- HOLE DIGGING: separate the topsoil from the bottom soil leave the hole for one week for it to loose after that put your topsoil at the bottom of the hole mix it with dump/manure and your bottom soil to cover it after planting.
- Seedlings should be removed from the main nursery by lifting with a spade and the roots carefully cut. Seedlings should never be lifted from the soil by pulling the leaves or stem.
- It is important to keep the seedlings in the shade and out of the sun and to have them planted as early as possible after removal from the main nursery.
Growing seedlings in polythene bags
- For seedlings grown in polythene bags, advantages include (more vigorous seedlings with a better root system, better establishment, and early bearing, transplanting shock is greatly minimized since there is no root damage, the early establishment of transplanted seedlings.
- Seedlings can be retained longer in the nursery when conditions for field planting are not favorable, weeding, watering and elimination of unwanted seedlings, as well as seedling selection for planting out to field, are more easily accomplished.
- Polybags are preferably black, UV resistant for durability and measuring 40 – 45 cm wide with 8 – 10 holes at bottom and sides are half-filled with soil and compost mixed at a 50:50 ratio.
- Decomposed sawdust, corncobs, rice hull, and other organic materials can be used so as to reduce the weight of the half-filled polybag and improve drainage and soil fertility.
Specification: Cocoa Seedlings
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.