Double Bunch Plantain Sucker
We supply double bunch plantain suckers that were bred from high-performing parent plants and are reputed for rapid growth, early fruiting, and high yield potential.
- A sucker is a lateral shoot that develops from the rhizome and usually emerges close to the parent plant.
- The double bunch plantain suckers produce healthy fruits and conversely make cultivation profitable for farmers.
We sell in large quantities and we will be able to supply as much as you demand.
Double Bunch Plantain Sucker
The offered product is a double bunch plantain sucker. A sucker is a plant growth that develops from the rootstock of a plant. A sucker grows from the base of the root of the plant at a certain distance away from the plant. Plantain suckers are high-yielding plants and disease resistant to bacteria, viruses, nematode, and fungal affecting banana and plantain plantations. They can adapt to a variety of ecosystems in Nigeria.
- Farmers traditionally depend on the natural regeneration process of new plantain suckers to replace their plantain plants.
- They often remove all the suckers on a mat, except for the ones selected to replace the mother plant.
- However, with the advent of technology and other sophisticated techniques, planting and harvesting plantain suckers require fewer inputs and can be planted immediately on the field.
- Generally, plantain requires 10 to 12 months from planting to harvest.
Considerations before planting suckers
If you are planting a larger number of suckers then it makes sense to think carefully and plan the layout of the new field. To do this, you have to take into account: planting density, number of trees, shade trees, the slope of the field, and windbreaks.
Planting density refers to the number of trees you plant in a given area.
The planting density is influenced by:
- Size of the mature suckers (larger trees means lower planting density).
- Amount of maintenance you intend to do (higher planting density means higher maintenance, more pruning in particular).
- The soil fertility and whether or not fertilizers will be applied every year.
Do not plant suckers that are affected by any type of disease or pest problem.
Specification: Double Bunch Plantain Sucker
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…