Iru Powder (locust beans)
This product Iru Powder is freshly made locust beans (iru). It is hygienically processed, dried, and blended for ready use. It is most suitable for seasoning traditional Nigerian soups. This seasoning can be combined with crayfish, blended dry fish, onions, and other spices to achieve tasty soups. Unlike the fresh locust beans, it has a longer shelf life and a mild aroma which makes it easy to even travel with.
Place an order to get yours.
The Iru Powder is made from locust beans. These locust beans are obtained from seeds of the leguminous plant (tree) – Parkia biglobosa. The seeds from the tree are fermented to get the locust bean. The fermentation process that these beans go through leaves them packed with a high level of nutrients and antioxidants. The iru (or Dawa-Dawa) powder is a very good and healthy natural substitute for artificial seasoning in soups. They are usually combined with other herbs and natural flavours (like crayfish) for great taste. To use, simply sprinkle a little to whatever it is you want to sweeten naturally – fish, meat, stews, soups, etc.
- It is used as a seasoning for soups, stews, and grilled and fried dishes.
- The iru powder smells nice and has a good taste.
- It is also used for medicinal purposes as it contains a high level of vitamins A & C.
- Locust is rich in iron, zinc, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Our Locust Beans are 100 per cent natural with no additives.
- It is prepared in the most hygienic environment.
- Obtained from plants and is suitable as part of a vegan diet.
- It helps in treating high blood pressure.
- Consuming locust beans is good for keeping eyesight, and correcting any eyes defect.
- It helps to improve digestion.
- It is used for treating stroke and hypertension.
- The fermented locust bean seed is used in controlling diabetes and cholesterol levels.
Specification: Iru Powder (locust beans)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.