Cowpea Seeds (Black-Eyed Peas | Premium Varieties | 50kg Bags)
₦76,000.00 – ₦77,000.00
We sell cowpea seeds that have gone through an intensive breeding program to become one of the leading seed varieties for cowpea plantation.
- The offered seeds present specific features which include early maturity, resistance to Alectra & bacterial blight, and tolerance to drought & striga.
- Some varieties are well tolerant to common cowpea pests.
- We offer various varieties of cowpea seeds including SAMPEA 18, SAMPEA 13, and IFH-101. Do you need other varieties? Contact us for more information
- The prices listed are negotiable.
- The seeds are packaged in 50kg bags and the minimum order is 1000kg (10 bags).
What are you waiting for? Place your orders now and let’s grow agriculture together!
We sell cowpea seeds that have gone through an intensive breeding program to become one of the leading seed varieties for cowpea plantation. The offered seeds present specific features which include early maturity, resistance to Alectra & bacterial blight, and tolerance to drought & striga.
- Cowpea is an edible bean that is predominately cultivated and eaten in Africa and Asia, and in other parts of the world especially countries in the arid areas. Cowpea has been a very valuable crop as it has been harnessed for food production and other processing lines.
- We offer various varieties of cowpea seeds including SAMPEA 18, SAMPEA 13, and IFH-101.
- Variety Name: SAMPEA 18
- Original Name: IT07K-293-13
- Outstanding Characteristics: Early maturity, resistance to Alectra, and bacterial blight and tolerance to striga and drought. (2.5t/ha)
- Agroecological Zones: Sudan savanna and Sahelian
- Minimum Yield (t/ha): 2.5
- Maximum Yield (t/ha): 2.5
- Variety Name: SAMPEA 13
- Original Name: Ife-98-12
- Outstanding Characteristics: Appealing color (Golden white), good quality seeds even when planted under heavy rainfall. (2t/ha)
- Agroecological Zones: Northern Guinea Savanna
- Minimum Yield (t/ha): 2
- Maximum Yield (t/ha): 2
- Variety Name: IFH-101
- Original Name: IFH-101
- Outstanding Characteristics: High yielding, insensitive to photoperiod. Resistant to important cowpea diseases, and tolerant to common pests.
Health benefits of cowpea
- Contains a high amount of protein: When protein food sources are being mentioned, cowpeas are one of the food crops that comes in mind. Not only is it one of the populous protein foods, but it also has a high percentage of protein which provides bodybuilding functions to the body.
- High fiber content: The fiber content in beans is high making it a good way of reducing the glucose level in the blood (blood sugar). This helps the body to fight against sugar-related health conditions such as diabetes. The fiber content also aids digestion as it helps to prevent constipation and other digestive health issues like diarrhea, irritable bowel movement.
- Helps protect the heart: Cowpeas contains thiamine which is also known as vitamin B1. One of this vitamin’s function is to help protect the heart against any form of conditions that can lead to heart failure or problems.
- Acts as a detoxifier: In general, cowpeas have polyphenols. Polyphenols are antioxidants that help the body to fight chemicals that are not needed in the body such as those that can cause cancer, heart disease, and its likes.
- Induces sleep: Just like other proteinous foods, cowpeas also contain tryptophan which helps to induce sleep and can help alleviate other related sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, insomnia, and more. It also helps stabilize mood swings, restless especially in the night, anxiety, and more.
- Improves the skin: Cowpeas is one of the bodybuilding foods which provides maximum benefits to the body by helping to improve the skin. The vitamins in cowpeas such as vitamins A and B, as well as proteins and antioxidants, present helps to improve the skin as it protects it from aging, wrinkles, etc., and also repair the body tissues.
- Makes bones healthier: Cowpeas also contains numerous vitamins and minerals which are good for the bone such as iron which only does not help in the prevention of anemia but also produces collagen which is one of the major components found in the bone.
- Reduces risks of cancer: Cowpea contains flavonoids, antioxidants that are mainly found in legumes, citrus fruits, red wine, apples, etc. These antioxidants are very useful in the fight against cancer. They can also reduce cancer risk and other health conditions such as stroke, heart diseases, and asthma. Cowpeas also contain folate which helps in the body’s red blood cell production and in dead cell regeneration.
- Boosts the immune system: Adding cowpeas to your diet may help in boosting your immune system. For example, some of the antioxidants which can be found in kidney beans help to remove the free radicals in the body, thus making the immune system stronger.
Specification: Cowpea Seeds (Black-Eyed Peas | Premium Varieties | 50kg Bags)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
₦76,000.00 – ₦77,000.00
₦76,000.00 – ₦77,000.00