French Beans Cora | Hybrid | 1 KG
French Beans Cora is a hybrid variety of dwarf beans that is very productive and intended for fresh markets. The pod is dark green, shining, round section, with an average length of13-14 cm. It has a very good shelf-life and bears very well transports.
Available In our store today, Buy Now!
French Beans Cora is a hybrid variety of dwarf beans that is very productive and intended for fresh markets. It has a very good shelf-life and bears very well transports.
Features of French Beans Cora
• Dark green
• Round section
• Average length: 13-14 cm
• White seeds
• 48 days from sowing to the first harvest (depending on crop conditions)
• Very hardy
• BCMV (Bean Common Mosaic Virus)
French beans are small, slender, and straight to slightly curved pods, averaging 7 to 10 centimetres in length, and have a cylindrical shape with tapered, pointed ends. The pods are semi-smooth and fleshy with a crisp, firm, and tender consistency. Depending on the variety, the pods can also be found in dark green, purple, and cream-coloured hues. Underneath the surface, each pod contains several tiny seeds that are tightly encased in the centre, extending the length of the pod. The seeds are vibrant green and are semi-starchy and soft in texture. French beans have a faint grassy aroma and are sweet, vegetal, and subtly earthy with fresh green nuances.
French beans are generally available in the late spring through fall. In milder climates, the beans can be grown year-round.
French beans, botanically classified as Phaseolus vulgaris, are a tender, flavorful type of bean belonging to the Fabaceae family. Many different bean cultivars are generally categorized under French beans, and varieties can be of the pole or bush types, found in varying colours. French beans are also known as Filet beans, French Green Beans, Fine Beans, Haricots Verts Filets Extra-Fins, and Haricots Verts, and are specifically bred for their pods rather than their seeds. The beans are typically hand-harvested from plants and are picked early to ensure a tender texture and a rich flavour. Chefs utilize French beans primarily in their fresh state, and the beans are rarely grown for processing and canning. When lightly cooked, French beans provide earthy, sweet, and vegetal flavours, and they are a popular supporting side to rich, savoury main dishes.
French beans are a good source of vitamin C to strengthen the immune system, vitamin K to assist in faster wound healing, fibre to regulate the digestive tract, and copper to build connective tissue. The beans are also a source of vitamin A to maintain healthy organ functioning, calcium to protect bones and teeth, potassium to balance fluid levels, and other amounts of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamins B1 and B2.
Specification: French Beans Cora | Hybrid | 1 KG
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…