Tamarind is a sour fruit frequently used in Asian cooking. The tamarind tree produces brown, pod-like fruits that contain a sweet, tangy pulp, which is used in cuisines around the world. TRS is Asia’s finest, premium quality producer. It is used as a spice and souring agent. It has a rich flavour and is packed with assorted vitamins, such as Vitamin C; antioxidants, including carotene; and minerals, such as magnesium and potassium, this mushy fruit is a storehouse of nutrients.
Tamarind is a fruit from the family of legumes, and its tree grows in tropical and sub-tropical areas. It has several names but the word means ‘Indian date’. It has been largely used in India and also around the world because of its flavour and multiple benefits for health.
The tree produces bean-like pods filled with seeds surrounded by a fibrous pulp. The pulp of the young fruit is green and sour. As it ripens, the juicy pulp becomes paste-like and more sweet-sour. Tamarind is also a great exfoliant and skin lightening agent with hydrating, toning and anti-ageing properties.
- This tangy ingredient tastes sweet and sour and adds zest to every dish.
- Because of its important (but not excessive) content of dietary fibre, potassium and tartaric acid, it promotes defecation in those people with chronic constipation.
- It contains polyphenols like flavonoids, some of which can help regulate cholesterol levels.
- Tamarind extract contains natural compounds that have antimicrobial effects.
- In foods and beverages, tamarind is used as flavouring. It is also widely used in Asian cooking for chutneys and curries.
- Tamarind is rich in fibre and has no fat content.
- Tamarind seed extracts are anti-inflammatory in nature.
- It has been used since ancient times as a laxative because of its tartaric acid, malic acid, and potassium content.
- Its ability to relax abdominal muscles is why it is also used as a remedy for diarrhoea.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…