Yam seeds are essential in the production of yams, which are nutrient-densed tuber vegetables. From research, they have been linked to various health benefits ranging from improved brain health to improved blood sugar control. They’re also largely versatile, and great vegetables to include in both sweet and savory dishes.
Thousands of seeds are available and ready for immediate delivery nationwide.
Send in your orders now!
Yam seeds are gotten from Yam (Dioscorea spp.)— a major staple and cash crop for millions of households in West Africa, where about 93% of the world crop is produced. The tuber serves as food. Depending on the size, seed tubers are often cut into setts, mini-setts, or planted whole.
Features of Yam seeds
- These yam seeds commonly produce yam crops with improved cholesterol level and antimicrobial effects.
- They require very little attention and management and grow rapidly in warmer months.
- The yam seeds possess structure that aid healthy water retention and growth.
- The seeds give rise to perennial tubers which can be harvested after 7 to 12 months’ growth.
- The seed tubers are generally highly viable and healthy, thus supporting a high yield rate.
- They are more resistant to most viral, fungal and nematode diseases.
- The seeds do well with light mulching. Organic mulch like bark chips, sugarcane or pea straw will ensure moisture retention in the soil.
- Yam seeds typically need a spacing of about 50cm between rows.
- They are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- They contain a unique compound called diosgenin, which enhances memory and brain function.
- They help to alleviate symptoms of menopause and also improve blood sugar control.
- They possess cancer-fighting properties and promote improved digestive health.
- The rich antioxidant content in them to helps reduce inflammation related to various diseases.
- They have improved cholesterol levels and help with healthy weight loss.
Specification: Yam seeds
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…