Imported Killing Cones (Stainless Steel | 6 Birds Capacity)
The killing cones help poultry producers and processing businesses to improve their services by slaughtering larger numbers of birds within shorter periods.
- It utilizes the action of putting birds upside down in stainless steel cones to slaughter which cause the blood to run to their heads, creating a sedating effect.
- Also, the “hugged” position of the chickens in the cones serves to calm their nerves.
- We offer the 6 birds capacity imported option.
Imported Killing Cones
Imported killing cones are well-indicated for restraining birds in place while killing/slaughter. This is necessary to keep the birds in place if nerves kick in after the slaughtering process and the birds begin to jump or struggle. This way you don’t have a “chicken running around with its head cut off”.
This method can be used for the slaughter of a small number of birds as the slaughter must be humane. The whole process from catching to the point of death must be performed in a controlled manner so that the birds are protected from any avoidable pain, distress, or suffering. Approaching the task in a confident, patient, calm, and quiet manner will produce the best outcome for both the bird and the user.
The slaughter process
- The slaughter process has been divided into several stages (preparation, catching and handling, restraint, stunning, and slaughter).
- It’s very important to keep the chicken calm before the kill.
- A stressed-out chicken can mean a loss of glycogen levels which will negatively affect the taste, tenderness, color, and keeping quality of the meat.
How to use the restraining/killing cone
- The bird is placed in the cone with the head hanging below.
- Grip the neck and slaughter the bird.
- Check for signs that the bird is dead-feel the neck for a gap in the vertebrae;
- Ensure the bird is not breathing/ensure there is no blink reaction if the eye is touched and that the pupil is dilated.
- The bird can then be scalded, de-feathered, and processed.
Specification: Imported Killing Cones (Stainless Steel | 6 Birds Capacity)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…