Electric Beak Trimmer (Handheld Debeaker)
The beak trimmer or debeaker comes in the hand-held (scissors type) and machine type variant. Debeakers convert electricity to heat and are indicated for cutting and cauterization-which helps control excessive bleeding and infection of wounds.
- The hand-held debeaker is quite portable, efficient and easily adapted for various veterinary operations such as debeaking, beak trimming and tail docking.
Electric beak trimmer
The electric beak trimmer is an instrument used in trimming the beaks of birds in a process known as debeaking. Beak trimming is a preventive measure especially in laying birds to reduce damage caused by injurious peckings such as cannibalism, feather pecking, and vent pecking, and thereby improve livability.
The device uses electric thermal energy to heat the debeaking blade which sterilizes the debeaker, burns the beak bud to limit regrowth as well as reduce blood loss.
Once plugged to an electric source, allow for 3 minutes till the cutting blade heats up and glows. Then the operator can use it directly on the parts of the beak to be trimmed. Restrain the chicken’s feet, hold the chicken neck and beak with the left hand and forefinger then gently trim the beak.
- Electric Powered (110V or 220V and 0.4mA /80 Watts with a maximum temperature of 500C)
- Long cord length of 1.8m with switch
- Adapted for use with small portable generators, 0.5KVA inverters and above.
- Parts include handle with an insulated cover, thermal insulating sleeve, electrical heater, S/S screw, switch, heating blade, electric cable, spring, lock, and cutting blade
Specification: Electric Beak Trimmer (Handheld Debeaker)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
There are no inquiries yet.