Feed Formula for Optimal Poultry Performance
This downloadable PDF ebook (3 pages) contains the recommended feed formula necessary for improved performance and production indices in poultry (chicks, growers/pullets, cockerels, and layers).
Adherence to this formula guarantees impressive weight gain in meat birds as well as early/enhanced egg lay in laying birds throughout the production cycle.
A major question asked by livestock farmers is: “What can I do to make my birds grow fast or lay well?”
Consumption of the recommended feed containing the required nutrients is very essential to ensure optimal performance. However, while there are good and bad livestock feed milling companies, the problems have always been; poultry birds performing below par and the high cost of procuring ready-made feeds.
Studies by researchers have revealed that some of the ready-made feeds in Nigeria are low-quality in terms of ingredients used and nutritional composition. This is indicated in the poor performance indices of our poultry birds.
Feed formula for poultry
This e-book is a product of vast experiences in poultry farming and nutrition, thus contains information needed to ensure poultry birds perform optimally, with maximum output and at a cheaper cost. The feed formulas in this product have been used severally for commercial production with success.
The formulae are categorized into three:
- Chick feed formula: Should be given to chickens from one day old to 8 weeks of age.
- Grower feed formula: Should be given to the birds from 8 weeks of age to 18 weeks of age (or when production is around 10%).
- Layer feed formula: Should be given from 18 weeks of age to when the laying chickens reach very old age.
Proximate compositions of each class of feed in this document are presented as follows:
- Energy—2800 kcal/kg
- Crude Protein (CP)—19.5%
- Crude Fibre—7%
- Energy—2769 kcal/kg
- Crude Protein (CP)—18%
- Crude Fibre—7%
- Crude Protein (CP)—16.50%
- Crude Fibre—4.29%
Merits of the feed formula ebook for poultry
Information on the formula in this ebook has the following advantages over the ready-made commercial feed.
- This ebook was prepared by an experienced poultry nutritionist and farmer.
- The ingredients are cheap, locally available, thus making them very easy to source or purchase.
- The ingredients are in the appropriate ratios and they are formulated to meet the nutritional requirements of chickens at each stage of growth or production.
- Confidence and rest of mind knowing what exactly your chickens are eating.
- Improved feed conversion for optimal weight and improved egg production.
- The feed formula can be adjusted to suit the nutrient requirements of the birds and need of the nutritionist/farmer.
- Available substitutes for feed ingredients which might not be sourced locally.
Specification: Feed Formula for Optimal Poultry Performance
Feed formulation, Poultry farmers | Feed mill
The feed formula is very effective.
The formula worked great after trying it on my layers. Really worth the buy.
Our authors are experts and experienced livestock farmers.