Turkey Starter Crumbles (Phase-1 Feeding | Happy Turkey Brand) – 25kg
The Happy Turkey feeds are nutritionally complete poultry feeds formulated specifically for turkeys.
- Turkey Starter from Happy Turkey is a crumbled variant and highly nutritious feed formulated to be fed to turkey poults from day old to 3 weeks of age.
- Produced as a fine crumble so that feed wastage is minimized, digestibility is improved and there is less feed separation, ensuring a consistent intake of nutrients.
- Formulated with recommended high protein level necessary for efficient live weight gain.
- Essential vitamins and minerals have been added to support high growth rates.
- Minimum order is 100 bags and delivery is nationwide.
The turkey starter feed is highly balanced in nutrition and normally given to turkey starters from day old till week 3.
- Turkeys should be fed nutritionally balanced diets for healthy growth and development and to ensure that there is enough protein, calories, minerals and fat to meet the turkey’s nutritional requirements.
- Feed is often adjusted to match the growth stages of the birds. Young turkeys (poults) are fed a “starter” mixture. As they grow, the feed is changed to meet nutritional requirements.
- Each type of feed includes the proper balance of protein, energy, fiber, fat and other elements such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamins.
|Age of Birds||Approximate Feed Consumption|
|Week 1||10 – 20 grams / bird / day|
|Week 2||20 – 30 grams / bird / day|
|Week 4||70 – 100 grams / bird / day|
|Week 6||110 – 160 grams / bird / day|
|Week 7||140 – 200 grams / bird / day|
- The above feed intakes are only indicative. Feed intakes will vary with the season, sex of the bird, lighting, shed conditions, disease status, and other environmental conditions.
- The shed should ideally have a concrete floor, be cleaned thoroughly and spread with clean litter such as wood shavings.
- A brooder or another heat source will be needed as chicks are unable to maintain their body temperature.
- For the first two days of feeding it is best to spread some feed on trays or newspapers to encourage the birds to eat. Replace the feed regularly so it remains fresh and palatable.
- The first three to five weeks are of vital importance for rearing turkey poults. When day-old poults arrive, it may be necessary to dip the beaks of some of them in feed and water to encourage consumption.
- Clean, cool, freshwater should be available at all times. Any wet litter near water points should be removed regularly.
- Turkeys should have access to insoluble grit to aid digestion
Unlike feeds for ruminants, poultry diets are usually complete feeds and supply the total daily requirements apart from water. These feed help to maximize production whether it be for eggs, meat or rearing replacements. Essentially, broiler varieties of chicken feed are denser in protein, which encourages the flock to grow bigger, faster.
- In simple terms crumble is a coarse variety of mash but not as compact of pellets. Reminiscent of the texture of oatmeal, crumble is a semi-loose variety of chicken feed that is slightly easier to manage than mash. This feed acts as a gap between mash and pellets as most birds prefer the crumbly texture.
Specification: Turkey Starter Crumbles (Phase-1 Feeding | Happy Turkey Brand) – 25kg
Turkey Poults (0-3 weeks)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We ship our orders/products nationwide.
Shipping duration is 3-7 days after order confirmation.
Products and orders confirmed and shipped are not liable for refunds.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
Kindly inspect your orders upon reception and append your signature when due.
There are no inquiries yet.