Aquafeed Production, Economics; Health Impact on Fish Management (PDF eBook | 2020 Edition)
The book will profoundly assist practicing and prospective fish farmers in running viable aquaculture ventures.
- It will greatly help students in aquaculture related studies.
- It is written as a compendium to enhance the farming of fish for national growth.
You probably know that there are four basic requirements in producing healthy fish. These are:
- Good fish seed from a good source
- Quality feed
- Adequate culture facilities and
- A healthy environment (water)
Being aware of the fact that over 70% of most farms’ recurrent expenditure is expended on feeding fish that are intensively produced, this piece is fashioned towards exploring various economic means of feeding fish, incorporating some useful, cost-effective agricultural/industrial products, by-products, and wastes as feed materials, without compromising the standard.
Included in the text are –
- Detailed highlights of what it takes to produce quality fish diets from a combination of conventional and waste materials
- Feed production analysis
- Field feed assessment techniques
- Proper aquafeed management
- Waste management techniques
- System management as it relates to feed intake
- And much more
As you know, good farming should be targeted at maximizing production through the use of cheap but high-quality feeds and
growth promoters (natural oils and probiotics) – to ensure low feed conversion ratio (FCR) and good business returns. However, the implication of each step taken in ensuring this goal must be well understood in order not to complicate issues.
You need to know why, how and when to introduce, adjust or change a feed.
Aquafeed Production, Economics & Health Impact In Fish Management is a book written by the authors as an update to the first edition – Fish Nutrition & the Economic Way to Feeding Fish‘. It is the 9th book in the series, being the 4th on fish production related topics.
Please enjoy and reap the fruit of this work as you discover the “golden eggs” for your farm, feed mill or general study.
- File Size/Type: 2.47 MB/PDF
- Print Length: 200 pages
- Publication Date: Third Edition, 2020
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-978-51961-6-0
- T . O . A k i n t o m i d e (Veterinarian), OAK Ventures, Ibadan, Oyo State. He has first & Master’s degrees in Veterinary Medicine, University of Ibadan. His area of specialty is fish & snail production & health management.
- AYINLA A. Olajide (Aquaculturist), Rook In Horeb Nig Ltd., Lagos State.
- OBHAHIE A. Ibhade (Limnoecologist), Department of Animal & Environmental Biology, Delta State University, Abraka.
About Payment & Receiving this eBook
The first step is to add this item to your cart with the “Add to cart” button above. Next, click “Proceed to Checkout”.
Enter the required information and select “Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit” OR “Debit/Credit Cards” accordingly. Also select “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions”
Lastly, click “Place Order”..
The eBook is easy to read. It is in PDF and is downloadable from your email inbox. You can read it on your computer or iPad or phone. You can also print it out to read.
2 reviews for Aquafeed Production, Economics; Health Impact on Fish Management (PDF eBook | 2020 Edition)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.