Broiler Starter Feed (Hendrix Brand | 25kg)
Do you seek to purchase quality feed for your flock? Our Hendrix feeds for broilers (Broiler Starter Feeds) are aimed at achieving higher feed utilization rates, improved growth, and development in flocks.
- The offered feeds are well suited for broiler starter chicks from the first week of life till about 3 weeks.
- They are products of successful research into poultry nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
- Hendrix Feeds are widely appreciated for their longer shelf life, high nutritional content, and excellent quality.
Broiler Starter Feed
Broiler Starter Feed is a protein-dense variety of chicken feed designed to meet the dietary requirements of chicks (at the starter stage). Generally speaking, baby chicks can live comfortably on a diet of starter feed and water for the first 1 to 3 weeks of their life before progressing onto grower feeds. The high protein content, usually between 20-24%, helps young chicks grow faster. It is imperative to phase out the starter feed once the chicks are advanced in age, otherwise, the excess protein can cause liver damage.
The broiler starter feed is also a high energy ration that has undergone heat processing thus reducing microbial load, increasing palatability, and ensuring optimum growth. It is thus suitable for all environments and helps in maintaining good litter and reducing feed wastage.
Features of the Broiler Starter Feed
- Produced as pellets, thus feed wastage is minimized, digestibility is improved and separation of the feed is eliminated, ensuring a consistent intake of nutrients.
- Supplies essential nutrients for growth.
- Provides sustainable sources of essential amino acids, essential vitamins, and minerals.
When first feeding your chicks, you’ll need a feeder that will hold the feed in place while the chicks eat. You can go for special feeders designed for raising chicks.
Broiler chicks need access to fresh water at all times. You can provide fresh water using a poultry drinker that has a reservoir for the water and a pan for the birds to drink out of. These waterers are gravity fed. As the chicks drink the water, more water fills the pan from the reservoir.
Broilers suffer from heart attacks and a condition called ascites, and these conditions may be related to feeding. Broiler birds convert two pounds of feed into one pound of weight and they grow so quickly that it can be stressful on the birds’ systems.
Veterinarians recommend that to prevent ascites, you should remove the food at night to slow down the growth rate of the birds. Another way is to feed only 90% of the total food the birds are capable of eating every day. Furthermore, eliminating supplementary feedings may also help.
Specification: Broiler Starter Feed (Hendrix Brand | 25kg)
1 review for Broiler Starter Feed (Hendrix Brand | 25kg)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…