Piglet Creep Feed (TopFeed Brand | 25kg)
Are you looking for highly nutritious and well-tailored creep feeds for your pre-weaned piglets? You are just one click away to our premium nutritional package produced by the highly reputable animal feeds producers, Topfeed.
We offer complete creep feeds for piglets and weaners to 12kg bodyweight. Our premium feeds are:
- Easy to use.
- Boost early growth performance.
- No mixing equipment required for application.
- Minimum order is 200 bags and delivery is nationwide.
Piglet Creep Feed
We offer Piglet Creep Feed produced in Nigeria by one of the most reputable producers of animal feeds in the country, Topfeed. While there is no “standard diet” regarding feeds in pig production, Topfeed is committed to producing the right nutritional requirements of your piglets.
The piglet creep feed is suitable for piglets and weaners till 12kg bodyweight. Using our feeds, we are confident that your pigs will experience a boost of early growth performance. Our feeds are easy to use and are designed in a very precise manner for the healthy growth of your pigs.
Creep feeding is the practice of introducing solid feeds to pigs before they are weaned.
The primary reasons for creep feeding pigs are:
- To supplement pre-weaned piglets with a solid diet while they are suckling.
- To create eaters at weaning.
How does creep feeding work?
Creep feeding eases the transition from sow’s milk to solid pig starter feed. When a pig eats creep, it stimulates the digestive system to produce amylase, an enzyme that digests the carbohydrates in dry feed. This helps the pig prepare for optimal nutrient digestion when he/ she is ready for pre-starter and starter diets. If a pig is better able to digest dry feed, he can start eating quickly post-weaning for better performance in the nursery and beyond.
To realize the many benefits of creep feeding, you need to be doing it correctly. Here are nine best practices for creep feeding. Use them as a tool to train new employees and help experienced employees remain consistent.
Tips for successfully creep feeding pigs
- Store creep feed in a dry, fresh place and keep the bags or containers closed.
- Start by offering small amounts of pig creep feed; increase the amount fed as intake increases. Do not overfeed and endeavor to remove abandoned feed.
- Piglets are social creatures. Place creep feed on mats to encourage them to eat in groups.
- Keep creep feed out of the sow’s reach when placing it for pigs. Offer piglets creep feed when the sow is awake and eating so the pigs are less likely to be suckling.
- Place creep feed in the piglets’ comfort zone; avoid placing it below a heat source, near water sources or in pen corners.
- Offer creep feed two to three times a day to allow piglets optimal access to creep feed.
- Ensure weaning pigs have access to water at all times. You might need to show the piglets where to find waterers.
- Choose a highly palatable creep feed to entice the young pigs to get up and eat. And for this, our premium Creep Feed for Piglets has got you covered.
Environmental Control For Optimized Growth
To maximize feed intake, a number of other factors need to be considered. These include temperature & environmental control, adequate supply of water, and sanitation control programs.
- Temperature: Pig temperature requirements are important to growth and production. Pigs are highly adaptable animals and can perform well within a range of temperatures. However, temperatures too low or too high can have adverse effects on the stock.
If, for example, temperatures are too cold, a pig will feed more but expend more energy to stay warm, resulting in slow growth. Hot weather can lead to heat stress and reduce feed consumption (and can possibly lead to death), so it is important to keep livestock cool in summer. Consequently, growth and maturity rates slow down, conception rates fall, and pig flow is reduced, disrupting stock levels. Depending on the season, keep buildings well-ventilated or heated, and provide adequate air space within the pen to ensure pig growth and production rates are maintained.
- Water: Provide lots of fresh, clean water. Water is the central part of a pig’s diet. One-half to two-thirds of its body weight is water. Access to clean drinking water is essential to a pig’s growth rate. Newly weaned pigs are especially prone to dehydration. Pigs must have water readily accessible for drinking throughout the day to maintain proper hydration.
- Sanitation: You should endeavor to implement sanitation protocols on your farm. Poor sanitation can lead to undetected disease challenges that reduce food intake. Properly designed feeders will encourage maximum feed intake.
Specification: Piglet Creep Feed (TopFeed Brand | 25kg)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We ship our orders/products nationwide.
Shipping duration is 3-7 days after order confirmation.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
Kindly inspect your orders upon reception and append your signature when due.
There are no inquiries yet.