Gizzard (Frozen) | 10kg (South-West Delivery Only)
A chicken’s gizzard is a small organ that helps it digest food. Gizzards are valued in cuisines around the world. They cost less than almost any other cut of chicken, don’t take a lot of preparation, and are packed with good nutrition.
- A chicken gizzard is an organ the chicken uses to help digest food.
- Each chicken has one gizzard, but you can buy gizzards in bulk from us.
- Gizzards can be fried, sautéed, broiled, boiled, or braised.
Contact us today!
Gizzards are cut from the digestive tract of poultry. Similar to a stomach, the gizzard is used to grind up the foods the bird eats. Chicken gizzards are a popular food throughout the world. In Africa, they are served fried, boiled, or grilled. They are considered a delicacy in certain cultures and provide a healthy dose of certain vitamins and minerals.
When used in food, the frozen chicken gizzard is delicious. It can be garnished and eaten alone as small chops or as part of traditional African dishes like (Egusi, Afang, Pepper soup, gizdodo, etc.). The aroma and flavor of chicken gizzards will leave you speechless as they melt in your mouth like balls of aroma and flavor.
- Gizzards are not only beneficial to birds, but they can also be beneficial to a healthy human diet. They are well-known for their nutritional value.
- Gizzards are considered a delicacy by many chefs, and they’re commonly used in soups and sauces.
- The gizzard contains a lot of protein. So high that one cup can provide up to 88 percent of your daily protein requirements. Proteins are broken down by your body into amino acids, which are essential for muscle and tissue development.
- In addition, gizzard meat is low in fat and high in vitamins. Vitamin B12, which is necessary for brain function and the formation of white blood cells, niacin, which is good for circulation and hormone production, and riboflavin, which keeps your skin and hair healthy, are all found in the gizzard.
- Consumption of gizzards results in increased iron, phosphorus, and zinc intake. Iron aids in the formation of red blood cells, phosphorus aids in heart and muscle function, and zinc aid in immune system function.
- Eating gizzards can also help you get more selenium. Selenium in your diet works in conjunction with other nutrients, such as vitamin C, to provide antioxidant protection for your cells. It also supports muscle cell metabolism, helps you synthesize thyroid hormones, and promotes healthy blood cell function.
Specification: Gizzard (Frozen) | 10kg (South-West Delivery Only)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Before leaving the point of delivery, please count your birds while the driver is still there. Once you ensure the driver or delivery agent witnesses any loss or missing birds, kindly inform us at the pickup point.
- For dead birds on arrival, it is expected to occur based on circumstances beyond our control. Kindly offer pictorial or video evidence at the pickup point for confirmation with our logistics department who will contact you on the delivery status.
- We only offer Store Credit options if the claims are investigated and corroborated with all parties involved. Offers are only specific for mortalities above 5% of the total number of birds shipped.
- Claims after leaving the pickup point will not be attended to!!
We ship to state-specific pickup points (no options for home delivery of live animals/birds). Click here to view our pickup points in Nigeria.
- Deliveries and pickup for day-old chicks (50 chicks per carton) are scheduled for Mondays and Thursdays (Southwest Nigeria) and Tuesdays and Fridays (Other Regions) due to the longer distance of delivery from Ibadan. If you are in faraway places like Maiduguri and Adamawa, you will receive your birds on Wednesday or Saturday or on a scheduled day as informed by the Vendor/Driver/Afrimash Logistics staff.
- Kindly place your orders within 2 days (for broilers) and at least 2 weeks ahead-prebooking (for kuroilers/noilers and turkeys) before the expected delivery days.
- Do not pay additional fees to the third party transporters (from Ibadan) as your order on Afrimash covers the cost of the product and the shipping fee to your location.
- Before leaving the point of delivery, please count your birds while the driver/delivery agent is present to witness. Then contact us immediately if there are challenges. If your order is above 10 cartons, kindly give us feedback within 45 minutes after the pick-up
We currently do not ship directly to Adamawa, Cross-river, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Katsina, Yobe and Zamfara as they are forwarded for delivery through specific (forwarding) locations below for final delivery.
- We ship to Jos for [Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe and Yobe]
- We ship to Kaduna for [Katsina and Zamfara], Akwa-Ibom for Cross-river.
- Kano for Jigawa State.
Please note that the shipping rate stated on our website covers shipping fee to all specified forwarding locations above.
Our customers are required to pay all on-forwarding charges to the driver at the final destination.
For checkout information.
- Kindly choose Jos for all orders moving to [Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe and Yobe] and state the final location in the order note.
- Kaduna for orders to [Katsina and Zamfara] and state the final location in the order note.
- Akwa-Ibom for Cross-river and state the final location in the order note.
- Kano for Jigawa and state the final location in the order note.
Please indicate your final destination for delivery in your order notes.
- Delivery times are estimates and are not guaranteed, as shipments may be affected by weather-related delays or events outside of our control. However, our customers will be duly notified of any anticipated changes or rescheduling of orders in due time.
- Claims after leaving the pickup point will not be attended to!!
- If your order is above 10 cartons, kindly give us feedback within 45 minutes after the pick-up
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
Before leaving the point of delivery, please count your birds while the driver is still there. Once you ensure the driver or delivery agent witnesses any loss, and you confirm this with us, will follow up on the claims. Offers are only specific for mortalities above 5% of the total number of birds shipped.
- Once orders have been placed and paid for, as long as the delivery is assured within the stipulated window, we do not offer cancellation of orders
- Also note that we do not provide a guarantee on birds going to faraway places like Maiduguri, Yobe, and Adamawa. As much as we try hard to maintain a seamless delivery service using a third-party delivery agency, unrest and weather condition in these places are quite unpredictable.
- So, we will not be providing any warranty or guarantee on day-old chicks or poults going to extremely distant locations from Ibadan.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…