Amitraz 20% (Ectoparasiticide | Emulsifiable Concentrate) – 100ml
Amitraz is known as a non-systemic acaricide, insecticide, scabicide and formamidine antiparasitic agent which is commonly used in small animals (pets) to treat demodicosis and ascarid infections.
- It is effective against ticks that are already resistant to synthetic pyrethroids and/or organophosphates
Composition of Amitraz 20
This ectoparasiticide contains 20% (w/v) Amitraz in the form of an emulsifiable concentrate
Mode of Action
Amitraz action involves interaction with Octopamine receptors in the tick’s nervous system, causing an increase in nervous activity.
- Amitraz has a detachment effect: if they are not directly killed, ticks leave the host before completing or even initiating their blood meal.
- Amitraz also has a repellent effect that keeps many ticks away from treated animals.
- It is also recommended to treat kennels, livestock pen, and pastures to kill off larva and control reinfestation of the treated animals.
- Amitraz is also effective against scab and mange mites (Psoroptes spp, Sarcoptes spp, etc.) and against certain lice species.
Properties and Indications
Amitraz is highly effective against a wide range of ectoparasites. It is clinically used to control different strains of scab, mange mites (Sarcoptic), many species of lice, fleas, keds, ticks and many types of flies that affect sheep, gnats, cattle, camels, and dogs, also used to control insects in stables, farms and animal houses.
Dosage and Administration (against ticks, mange, lice, and keds)
- 1l per 1100litres of water (dilution)
- 1:500 liters of water (replenishment)
Sheep and goat:
- 1l : 1100l of water or 1l:400l (dilution)
- 1:560l of water or 1l:200l of water (replenishment every 10-12 days).
- 1l : 400l of water (dilution)
- 1l:200l of water (replenishment every 10 days.
Specification: Amitraz 20% (Ectoparasiticide | Emulsifiable Concentrate) – 100ml
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…