Iron Dextran (Iron-III Injectable Supplement for Livestock) 100ml
Iron 100 Inj. is indicated for the prevention and treatment of iron deficiency anemia in piglets, calves, foals, pigs, cattle, horses, sheep, goats and dogs. It is especially necessary in newborns and animals in anaemic conditions.
- Secondary anaemia due to parasitic and bacterial infections, stress conditions (also due to transport), for the betterment of breeding and growth of young animals, as supporting treatment of infectious diseases and in blood loss.
IRON 100 INJECTION
Following intramuscular or subcutaneous injection of Iron 100 Inj., the hemoglobin concentration in the blood and packed cell volume increase rapidly, especially in iron deficiency anemia in animals.
- Most piglets are born with minimum iron reserves, and after a few days the red blood cell production begins to decrease and a deficiency in the overwhelming growth of the young animals is noticed. Therefore it is very important to supply this depletion of iron for normal growth and development of the young animals.
- It has been proven that a dose of 2 ml given within the first 3 days of birth shows no loss of weight or health. The iron supplements should be given an injection as a prophylactic aid to prevent iron deficiency anemia and the consequences (loss of appetite, diarrhea, retarded growth, and diminished resistance against infectious agents and in changing the of atmospheric conditions).
Composition (per ml)
Iron-III (as hydroxide dextran complex) 100 mg
Vitamin-E deficiency and/or selenium deficiency in piglets are prevalent because of the increased chance of toxicity.
- Pain and inflammatory reactions may occur, along with discoloration of muscles. Sometimes anaphylactic reactions may occur.
- Administration of very high doses may cause siderosis, intoxication with hypotonia, shock and even death.
Dosage and administration
For deep intramuscular or subcutaneous injection at a suitable injection site.
- Pigs : 3 – 5 ml 1st injection, when necessary 2nd injection 7 days later.
- Piglets: 1 – 2 ml on the 3rd day of life and on the 5th day of life.
- Cattle, horses: 5 – 8 ml 1st injection, when necessary 2nd injection 7 days later.
- Calves, foals : 3 – 8 ml in the 1st week of life, when necessary 2nd injection 7 days later.
- Sheep, goats : 3 – 4 ml 1st injection, when necessary 2nd injection 7 days later.
- Dogs: 0.5 – 2 ml 1st injection, when necessary 2nd injection 7 days later.
- Piglets: 2 ml on 3rd day of life and on the 21st day of life.
- Sows: 5 ml two weeks before farrowing.
Store in a dry, dark place between 15 °C and 25 °C.
Keep medicines away from children.
100 ml multidose vial packed in an individual box (48 vials per box).
Specification: Iron Dextran (Iron-III Injectable Supplement for Livestock) 100ml
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.