Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) – 1000 g
Ascorbic acid is indicated in the control of stress encountered during periods of heat, cold, transport, or during vaccinations. It can also be used to relief harsh conditions such as during and after viral infections, bacterial or parasitic diseases.
- Ascorbic acid also improves growth of body tissues and organs (bone, skeletal, and cartilage formation) and improvement of fertility and reproduction.
- Vitamin C generally improves the performance of the animal by ensuring a healthy body system.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) is a 6-carbon lactone that is synthesized from glucose by livestock. Birds have the ability to synthesize ascorbic acid, however, this is insufficient under stress conditions.
- Oxidative damage has been fingered to increase with a decline in plasma levels of zinc, folic acid, vitamins C and E, and other minerals.
- The role of Vitamin C in the animal body cannot be underestimated. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is involved in wound healing, blood clotting, synthesis of steroid hormones, as well as oxidation & reduction processes.
- Hence, it makes the animal body more resistant to infections and anything that causes stress.
The benefits of vitamin C for livestock
- Generally defined as organic compounds that are required in small amounts in diets for normal growth, health, and reproduction, they act as mediators of or participate in fundamental biochemical pathways.
- It enhances the biosynthesis of the hormone-corticosterone- known to increase energy supply during periods of stress.
- Thus it improves the performance of newly hatched, growing, and adult birds- after stress conditions.
- It also counteracts the adverse effects of unfavorable weather and housing conditions, and in the case of intoxications or diseases.
- They are involved in the oxidation and reduction complexes resulting in the transfer of the hydrogen-linked to the adrenal hormones.
- Supplementation of poultry diets with the product improves egg production, growth rate, egg-shell strength, and thickness, spermatozoa production, and fertility.
- It acts as an anti-oxidant and photo protectant, thus it enhances cellular antioxidant defenses by limiting ultraviolet (UV) light exposure-induced damage.
- Improves nutrient digestibility and feed efficiency.
- Ascorbic acid is a natural antihistamine (detoxifies and prevents the release of histamine)
- It boosts the immune system by modulating phagocytic activity, therefore it facilitates wound healing.
Contains per gram;
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) …… 1000mg
Vitamin C: Dosage and Administration
For oral administration via feed, milk, or drinking water.
- Poultry: 150g to medicate 1000 liters of water
- Cattle: 8g per animal, per day
- Calves: 2g per animal, per day
- Pigs: 150g to medicate 1000 liters of drinking water
Specification: Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) – 1000 g
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…