Clarias Spp Catfish – Juveniles [Regular Size] (Special Maxi Brand)
The Clarias spp is well recommended for farmers raising smoked catfish or fish farmers who raise their fishes for two to six months. They attain a weight of 1kg within 5 to 6 months. The regular sized juveniles are usually about 8cm in length.
They are well recommended for new catfish farmers.
We include extra 50 for every 1000 juveniles purchased.
The Clarias catfish has given a great boost to aquaculture and impacted the livelihoods of many catfish farmers. The Clarias spp can adapt to a wide variety of environment and is very tolerant of extreme water conditions.
You will recognize the Clarias gariepinus by their cylindrical body with scaleless skin, small eyes, elongated spineless dorsal fin, and flattened bony head. The adult males are easily recognized by their distinct sexual papilla just behind the anus. They appear greyish black in colour with a creamy white underside.
The Clarias Spp (African Catfish) are cannibals. Hence, farmers need to properly sort them into different sizes and put them in the appropriate ponds.
Specification: Clarias Spp Catfish – Juveniles [Regular Size] (Special Maxi Brand)
Packed in 25 liter or 50 liter gallons
Average of 8 Weeks
Extra 50 juveniles for every 1000
No ratings have been submitted for this product yet.
Special Maxi fish supplies come with 100 extra fingerling fishes for every 1000 pieces of fingerlings purchased from us as well as extra 50 juveniles fishes for every 50 juveniles purchased. You can expect prompt service and quality fish from us.
The Clarias spp fingerlings are available for pickup within 3 days of making payment while juveniles are available within 2-3 weeks of payment.
Preparation and Daily Routine of Catfish Culture
Before Arrival of Fingerlings
- Cleaning and preparation of ponds (fertilization and liming)
- Cleaning of the environment against pests and insects
- Checking the water supply to the ponds
- Check pH level of your water( moderate pH level 6.0)
- Check the inlet and outlets if they are in good condition for effective flow through
Arrival of Fingerlings
- Put them inside the pond and start the flow through for them immediately.
- Feed them after 7 hours of arrival
- Use natural antibiotics for them ( Bitter leaves)
- Add salt to their water.
- Choose a feeding point for them.
- If you notice an increase in mortality rate hours after arrival, add an anti-stress drug to there feed
- Change the water inside the pond at least every 3 days
- Regularly check the pH level of water.
- Clean the pond at least once in a week in order to avoid ammonia production inside the pond
- Regularly check the fish swimming pattern if there swimming is slow or fast. If the swimming is slow, contact your consultant or specialist immediately.
No shipping rates are available for this product.
If shipping amount is not explicitly stated or incorrect, we will contact you about shipping costs immediately after ordering directly.
We guarantee you of "zero risk purchase" experience in our shop. We do our best to ensure every customer is very satisfied by our products. We ensure you get exactly what you order for and also make sure you get your items in time. We accept returns if you send us a message within 24 hours of receiving our products. If your message comes later than 24 hours, we would have to strike a bargain.