Heteroclarias Juveniles Hybrid (Special Maxi Brand)
Heteroclarias spp catfishes are recommended for fish farmers who want more profit and greater survival of their fish, with the hybrid option.
Heteroclarias juveniles are hybrid products of the cross between male Heterobranchus longifilis and female Clarias gariepinus.
Features of Heteroclarias juveniles
- They are very rugged and disease resistant.
- These species consume less feed when compared to Clarias species.
- They attain bigger sizes than Clarias spp, and they weigh much higher at harvest.
- They thrive well on a wide range of plant protein based fish feeds.
- With comparatively longer post-harvest survivability, they are thus preferable to buyers.
- Its white flesh gives it a better taste than catfish species.
Precautions when stocking ponds with juveniles
- Reduce stress from point of transportation to point of introduction into the pond.
- Avoid exposure to heat by covering transport containers
- Avoid shaking containers unnecessarily while transporting.
Specification: Heteroclarias Juveniles Hybrid (Special Maxi Brand)
|Ready to Ship|
No ratings have been submitted for this product yet.
Special Maxi fish supplies come with 100 extra fingerling fishes for every 1000 pieces of fingerlings purchased from us as well as extra 50 juveniles fishes for every 50 juveniles purchased. You can expect prompt service and quality fish from us.
The Clarias spp fingerlings are available for pickup within 3 days of making payment while juveniles are available within 2-3 weeks of payment.
Preparation and Daily Routine of Catfish Culture
Before Arrival of Fingerlings
- Cleaning and preparation of ponds (fertilization and liming)
- Cleaning of the environment against pests and insects
- Checking the water supply to the ponds
- Check pH level of your water( moderate pH level 6.0)
- Check the inlet and outlets if they are in good condition for effective flow through
Arrival of Fingerlings
- Put them inside the pond and start the flow through for them immediately.
- Feed them after 7 hours of arrival
- Use natural antibiotics for them ( Bitter leaves)
- Add salt to their water.
- Choose a feeding point for them.
- If you notice an increase in mortality rate hours after arrival, add an anti-stress drug to there feed
- Change the water inside the pond at least every 3 days
- Regularly check the pH level of water.
- Clean the pond at least once in a week in order to avoid ammonia production inside the pond
- Regularly check the fish swimming pattern if there swimming is slow or fast. If the swimming is slow, contact your consultant or specialist immediately.
No shipping rates are available for this product.
If shipping amount is not explicitly stated or incorrect, we will contact you about shipping costs immediately after ordering directly.
We guarantee you of "zero risk purchase" experience in our shop. We do our best to ensure every customer is very satisfied by our products. We ensure you get exactly what you order for and also make sure you get your items in time. We accept returns if you send us a message within 24 hours of receiving our products. If your message comes later than 24 hours, we would have to strike a bargain.