L-Lysine Sulphate – Feed Additive (25kg)
L-Lysine sulphate is a nutritional supplement for balancing livestock (poultry, swine, fishes) rations with amino-acids. As an essential amino acid indicated for animal growth, L-Lysine cannot be synthesized in sufficient quantities by the body, therefore, it has to be supplemented in livestock feed.
Properties of L-Lysine Sulphate
The significant advantage of lysine sulphate over lysine hydrochloride is the lack of chlorine (chlorine content in lysine-hydrochloride is about 19.4%). An excess of chloride ions is commonly found in feeds containing bran particles (laying hens, pigs) and this reduces the concentration of bicarbonate anions and increases the acidity. is an important part of a well-balanced animal nutrition program, including swine, poultry, and aquatic feed.
Lysine is the first-limiting amino acid in corn-soybean diets for swine and second limiting, after methionine, in poultry.
This product contains
- L-Lysine sulphate at 70%
- L-Lysine content is at 55% (minimum dried basis)
- Production: Microbial synthesis.
Supplementation of livestock diet with amino-acids
Essential amino-acids lay the groundwork for meeting livestock needs. However, as feedstuff alone, often fall short of supplying the needed quantities, supplementing the amino-acids into diets prove a cost-effective option.
Advantages of supplementing feed with essential amino acids in customized diets include improved weight gain and maximized feed utilization etc.
Despite the option of supplementation, it is critical to ensure a balance of nutrients as the absence of one essential amino acid reduces the capacity of an animal to synthesize additional proteins. thus, this leads to the inefficient use of feed nutrients, retarded/slow growth and the consequent economic loss.
Constituents of L-Lysine
- Corn, which comprises the largest portion of monogastric diets, is low in lysine, thus, to meet the amino acid requirements of swine and poultry, high-protein ingredients such as soybean meal and animal by-product meals are blended with corn.
- However, L-Lysine as a feed additive help improves the flexibility with utilizing non-traditional feed ingredients, as well as improve profitability without the consequent loss of feed quality.
- Since excess protein was used in the past to meet up with the requirement of the first limiting amino-acid, this cost-effective approach in meeting the lysine requirement of livestock-by reducing the amount of costly-high-protein diet previously fed to livestock is well recommended.
Effects of L-Lysine on livestock species
- Swine: Leaner, faster-growing pigs have been observed to respond to higher dietary levels of lysine when compared with pigs on average type diets. Thus, this translates into leaner pigs with improved feed efficiency, improved carcass yield and better margins over
- Poultry: Supplementation of the diet with lysine improves the breast meat yield.
Dosage and administration of feed grade L-Lysine sulphate
- Animal species: All livestock
- Route of administration: Inclusion in feed/mix properly
- Dosage: 0.3% to 1% inclusion rate
Store in a cool dry place, thus protect from light.
Shelf life: 2 years from production date
Specification: L-Lysine Sulphate – Feed Additive (25kg)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
There are no inquiries yet.